Tuesday, February 14, 2012

First Blog

First blog attempt...ever!  Miss J and I, along with cats M and m, are awaiting news of "my baby sister".  For most of the 5.5 year wait that has transpired to date, I have not really mentioned to Miss J this new addition to the family.  But 4 or 5 months ago I figured I better start preparing her for this major life adjustment, although the number of referrals from China seem to be only a trickle....  That aside, I broached the topic by telling her that we were going to add a baby to our family.  To which she quipped "I thought your tummy was getting bigger"!  Uh no, we had to review again the concept of birth mothers and adoptive mothers.  And I am certainly doing more abdominal crunches.... So we wait, and wait, and if you are a believer of the Rumor Queen website (it's okay if you have no clue what I am referring to), then our log-in date is up on deck.  I am hopeful to be in February's set of referrals (China pretty much predictably refers every month), or March for sure.  Depressing to think it could be any later than that.  We are READY!  This blog will hit on the highlights of finding out about Miss ? (yes, no name yet), preparing for her arrival, and the adoption process that will include what I anticipate to be another wonderful trip to China.  Exactly which province?  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment